What is social media marketing?
Social Media has changed the way people connect, discover and share information.
It is the technology that connects people– whether it’s to share content or just to simply chat.
Social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, are the places where these social interactions happen (discovering & sharing).
Social media marketing is the way to use that technology to build relationships, drive repeat business and attract new customers
through friends sharing with friends, and so on.
Simply put, social media marketing is really just word-of-mouth powered by technology.
It’s simply powerful.
There are a few things you want to use social media marketing to do:
Show And Tell
Show your audience who you are and what you can do for them. It’s great for brand awareness!
Give customers offers that are so good they’ll share them with their friends. You want to be able to reach not only them but people they know.
Provide Great Service
Go the extra mile. Do a little more than expected. When you’re interacting online with customers, think of ways you can insure that they will want to continue to do business with you. Sometimes all it takes is simple acknowledgement.
Pay attention to what your customers are saying about you and to you. It’s instant powerful feedback.
Make it last!
Build deeper relationships so customers will get to know, like, and trust you. People like to do business with people they like.
With that said, here are a few “Do’s and Don’ts!”
1. Do be nice. Social Skills apply in Social Media. Be nice, courteous, friendly and approachable.
2. Do share things of value. What expertise can you offer? Share it!
3. Do be yourself. Authenticity is crucial. Don’t pretend to be who or what you are not. Stand out from the rest by being you.
4. DO interact. The key is to build relationships. You must interact and engage to do that.
5. Don’t ignore people. Respond to comments and questions.
6. Don’t constantly broadcast. Social Media is relationship building. In relationships it’s not all about you, so be GENUINELY interested in other people.
7. Don’t assume you know what people want. Ask questions! You will better be able to serve your market when you know exactly what their needs are.
What do’s and don’ts can you share? Comment below!
I also invite you to join me and my business partner Tiffany Lymon in our Facebook group, Business Fuel where we share daily tips, news and information to help fuel your business success with online marketing tips. Join us!